Rock Star Dad’s Top 10 Kitchen Gadgets
You asked for it, so here it is! OK, so you didn’t actually ask for it. But hey, I gotta write about something, right? Since we are talking about all things kitchen over the next couple of weeks, I thought I would share with you the ten items in my kitchen that I can’t live without. So let’s start, shall we?
10. Garlic Press: I LOVE my garlic press. I am not the type of cook that chops or dices his garlic. Nope, it’s easier to squish it through one of these handy gadgets.
9. Plastic Scraper: I got this at a Pampered Chef party years ago. (Actually, I got two.) Dried up food and crud on my pots, pans or plates don’t stand a chance against this brown bad boy of scrapers.
8. Measuring Spoons: Again from Pampered Chef. This spoon measures 1 tsp all the way to a table-spoon. And the teaspoon starts at an 1/8 of a tsp to a full one. A gaggle of spoons neatly packaged in two. Although they are not that good at measuring liquids, they get the job done.
7. Pyrex Measuring Cup: This thing gets used and abused and keeps doing its job with a smile on its face. From making my wife’s cafe mocha, to measuring liquids and solids, this thing is a champ.
6. Prep Bowls: I’m a nerd when it comes to prepping for dinner. I get everything measured out in these bowls. (I have like 19 and a half of them.) I also have some smaller ones for the teaspoons and table spoons. These glass ones have measured lines for 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 cups.
5. Hamburger Patty Maker: Rain or shine, hot or cold, zombie apocalypse or Justin Bieber invasion…it’s always a good time for grilling burgers.
4. Salt and Pepper Grinders: Freshly crushed pepper corns and sea salt add flavor to any dish. I keep mine within reach.
3. Vacuum Sealer: I love buying meats in bulk, and when I do I throw them into suck bags. I just recently made pork chops that I had bagged in February (that’s about 6 months, y’all.) and they still tasted fresh.
2. Fully Stocked Bar: You can’t cook without a drink in hand. Well…you could, but you sure as hell won’t look cool doing it. I make sure I have plenty of wine and liquor. I never know when a party is going to explode in my house. Be prepared. And be prepared to drink!
1. Turtle Creek Coffee: I must have my coffee…every. stinkin’. morning. And after a party in my kitchen, it’s good medicine. Turtle Creek Coffee is the best damn coffee. Period.
So there you have it. What are the things in your kitchen that you can’t live without? As always, thanks for reading and keep on rockin’.
Rock Star Dad